Current Job Opportunities - Human
click on a job title below
There are currently no job postings
Safety and Environment Manager
- Ensure all H&S and Environmental legal requirements are met.
Interface with government agencies as required.
- Work in plant “Pro-Active Team” environment, with all other departments.
Working with HR, review WSIB claims management.
Reduce WSIB claim costs by analyzing and initiating changes.
- Identify, recommend and implement Health/safety and environmental programs
(HSE), processes and practices.
- Maintains and updates as necessary, HSE policies, procedures and forms.
Provides technical leadership on HSE issues and projects
- Working with the Audit teams, audit HSE practices, programs and adherence to all
codes and requirements.
- Ensures the communication of HSE incidents and bulletins.
- Ensure reporting of any restricted, prohibited or reportable substances used in
- Ensure there are no environmental incidents.
- Complete the necessary environmental reports as needed and on time.
- Obtain the necessary clearance letters, environmental permits for plant
modification and improvements.
- Ensure remain with all laws and standards.
- Reviews applicable environmental legislation and communicates relevance to all
- Advices on and ensures compliance with governmental environmental regulations
(e.g. storage of chemicals, waste disposal, Certificates of Approval, MOE orders
- Establishes and maintains relationships with member of Senior management, plant
management and employees at all levels within the organization, External and
internal auditors, Suppliers/contractors.
- Assure continued corporate compliance with all HSE and standards.
You will lead environmental improvement initiatives, interfacing with the
team on all new projects and evaluates and updates environmental aspects and
- Other duties as required.
- Will oversee all workplace accidents and be able to make recommendations and
improve H&S lost time accidents etc. meeting company objectives.
- Work with all aspects of the H&S Program
- Work with H& S committee and your team to deliver effective and efficient safety
training and communication.
- Drafts and manages annual Health and Safety Improvement plan and environmental
Objectives and Targets.
- Working with the Management team, contribute to a safe, clean and comfortable
work environment that compliments the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Guide the tea on the implementation of 5S within the organization.
- Develop annually the HSE performance and improvement plan.
- Develops and delivers HSE training (ISO14001, employee & contractor orientation,
emergency Preparedness, WHMIS) with your team.
- Assisting the plant managers with incident investigations and corrective
- Ensure timely reports of performance metrics within and report out to management
as required on HSE performance.
- Manage and develop Ergonomic studies and Physical demands analysis (PDA)’s.
- University or College grade program in Health & Safety or Environmental related
- Minimum of 5 years specific work experience within a manufacturing environment,
preferably heavy industrial.
- Experience within a unionized environment would be considered beneficial.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, standards, code, and
municipal by-laws governing health/safety and Environmental systems.
- Above average written, oral communications and organization skills, with the
ability to work effectively with management as well as hourly employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with government
agencies, managers, union and salaried staff.
- Familiarity with Ergonomics and PDA’s
- Salary: up to 90K